Mar 18, 2007

whats in the name?

Naam ghum jayega
Remembered Syed Mirzas lecture on how filmakers should have big names so that they realise the importance of their selves and come up with work which is worth it .He said when you say you are a filmaker...you are makin a BIG statement...you are sayin I am a showman!! I show the world how to dream....I am responsible for whatever people do in my name...imagine working with that kind of responsibility and ego and then you realise why are emotional lives of such filmakers so lopsided...here work is all those dreams that love could never be....coz love never is that real...you never have so much of control on how things turn out in love....when you make a film its almost an extension of what you are....you are present in essence there with your film....whether its about your mother...or about some weird tornado that tore off your town from the face of the world..."YOU" and whatever you have learned and made out life...
oh I love my name!!!!!!

No comments: