Feb 6, 2010

Maa you don’t know men.




Some waft into one's life like the smell of wet mud and then they linger on in memory like lilting playful sunlight on the floor in the morning.

Some are like the comfortable flannel shawls that one wraps around in the pink of winters but leaves behind in the harsh bone cutting chill of December.

Some are like the magnificent gush of a fierce river far away . You'd be cut and blown to pieces if you walk towards them.

Some are like the rotten smell of onions that gets caught in the fingernails. No amount of washing hands takes away that smell till it dies on its own.

Some are like black coffee without milk cream or sugar. You would get addicted to them just to keep yourself going through the day.

Some are like that lovely cotton kurta of fab india that just doesn't fit your size no matter when you try it!

Some are like sunflowers.Happy, sweet and straight. They make your day if you meet them in the morning.

Some are like leeches that get stick to your skin shamelessly, till you draw enough attension to throw them and squat them with your shoes.

Some are like your favorite shoes that cut your feet but you still wear them everytime you go out because they look good on you.

Some are like impossible dreams. Killing you with desire and passion and absence.

Some are like your favorite books. Kept away in a distant home.

Some are like a nightmare that grows roots into every memory that you have of living.

All of them. All of them Maa are big lies... I am glad you don’t know them!

7 comments:

Madhuri said...

But so fucking brilliant!!! I'll be back to this time and again, Pearl, this is awesome, I feel lame saying anything at all to this one

crookedlines said...

Easily definable, men are ... fitting into a straitjacket, with very less left to the imagination.

Pearl said...

@Madhuri thanks a ton. Somedays i come back to write only with the trust that at least 1 person i care would read it...
@crookedlines. i dont believe men are ever straight jacket. thats an oversimplification..:) as per my experience they are more cursive and illegible then the women we know. Maybe thats why we love giving up on them!

radha said...

Thanks for dropping by. At my age, I could have added something more. But would never have been able to compare men to fabindia kurtas. I thought that was really original!!

radha said...

Thanks for dropping by. At my age, I could have added something more. But would never have been able to compare men to fabindia kurtas. I thought that was really original!!

Anonymous said...

This describes exactly what we feel...nicely put into words...

Hits the bull's eye ;)

Pearl said...

@ Radha - Thanks for dropping by too! :) I would have loved it if you had added more to these categories. Tell me I am damn curious.....
abt comparing men with fab India kurtas- There is more reason about why i think they are alike~
1- The ones I like I cant have because they are too costly and Hi maintenance.
2- The ones I get home get discolored very easily, mostly
don't last more than a season.
3-The ones I have loved and cared for look even better on other women! Phew!
@Nehha- Thanks!!I cant believe you have met these same ones too! ;)