Apr 29, 2007

why do i write?

i write because i crave for the physical act of writing words...with this pitter patter on the keyboard or the smooth sweep of my chinese ink pen on white paper..its the time i get to play god..when the small voices i heard inside me can be given a body...the endless chatter of my mind automatically starts gettin into some meaningful shape as soon as i threaten to put it into words...

i write because i am a woman who likes keeping mum in real life
i write because there are some friends who deserve to know more about me then my tougue can help me reveal.
i write beacuse i think my life is important and the lessons that i learn will be precious enough to be shared
i write because i want to feel alive
i write because it is perhaps the only art i shall own
i write because it keeps me sane
i write because i was made a writing person
i write because my mom forced me to mug up all my lessons by writibg them again and again...so maybe it has seeped into my fingers
i write because i think that is the only way truly civilised exchanges can take place
i write coz maybe i am too civilised
i write to awaken the old wild woman who livs inside me
i write so that i can sharpen my claws
i write coz i must write!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

you also write so that others can read.

every word you put down is a testimony to the fact that you exist.

Madhuri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Madhuri said...

This cannot have been easy to write...But it sounds just right :) !!

Sry I forgot to add...BRAVO LADY!

Uddhav Ghosh said...

During the WGA strike a few months back Damon Lindelof (Co-Creator and Exec Producer of Lost) wrote a piece called "Why We Write" focussing essentially on the art of story telling.
A few lines from his article:

"I write because I can't help but make things up.
I write because I love to tell stories.
I write because my imagination compels me to do so.
I write because if I didn't, I'd be branded a pathological liar"

Unknown said...

Writing bring some sanity to the insane thoughts that keep cropping every sec in this mindless world…..