May 29, 2007

Fences




Went back to my old school after decades,remembered each and every detail.
The gate,the classrooms,the toilets,the mango trees...each and evrery brick!..
could have walked blind folded in that one place in the world.
Strange considering i have lost the hope of feelin at home ever...nywhere in the world..gypsy that I have becum.

Touching ones first memories again?
Every memory as fresh as if it happened today...Riding my bicycle in the compound of the school,looking stealthily across the queque for that one face...the peaceful faces of nuns who would look at you most impersonaly as if one were some strange species without any previous family history!
The humilation of wetting ones clothes in front of the whole class...
The mocking face of ayah whispering.."Is that what you are taught at home!"
Its amazing how the geography of that one building has been indented in my
Those red and yellow walls just refuse to fade away..........
something about them....that doesnt go away
something solid that they have left inside me...
I am glad...I still have the power to remember!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is good to have a place to go back to.

i don't. so i know how important it really is.

BlackThorn said...

nostalgic one. its always nice to recall the bygone years.