Dec 16, 2010

Confessions of an Adrenaline Junkie.


1- Vipassna @ Dehradune Centre
Starting the year with the most extreme form of mind enema. Its called Vipassna. Millions swear by it. Some for its torture value, others for the healing it brings for them, still others like the VOID and CLARITY brought by it. For me the High would be spending 10 days alone without contact with the outer world. Just struggling with the devils within. If this inner war doesnt supply enough Adrenaline I dont know what else will.
I can almost imagine myself in the overnite bus to Dehradune. Boarding from ISBT. Those last few messages to friends lovers and flames saying BYE. Finally going for it. 'May all being be happy' 'May all beings find their light.' 'May all  agree to share their darkness with me'' May all beings know their true relationship with me.'

2- Chilling @ a Nude Beach in Goa
Goa. I am told that the only Indian place to do it. Now I am myself figuring out where this strange heretic idea of being on a nude beach has come to me from. But what can you say about kinks and madness. They may be just lurking in your bloodstream tilll someone brings out the idea( and the assets on the surface) So I read this super exciting tale of a women on a nude beach with her husband and her sudden adrenaline rush when for a minute she entered a bar of fully clothed men who all smirked on her. Bang on. Thats just my idea of  a highesh high or a lowest low. It took one back to those nightmares of puberty where I would walk into class room only to realise that I had forgotten to wear my underwear. In those wicked days everyone from the boys to the girls mocked the fat ugly me because of this little slip.( ok not so little slip you moral prude)
Now talking about myself I am not quite vain. And I dont think on a nude beach I would be any sight. And frankly I dont have any previous experince of public nudity giving me any high. The furthest I must have gone this way would have been with an open fly(that too unintensional I assure you) But what the hell I want to sun my interiors and let some fresh ideas strike me on the skin. I am sure there is also something extremly liberating will happen to let the whole of oneself stare back at the cosmos. So nude beaches here I come.

3- Paragliding @ Bir Billing in Himachal
Something about gliding in a small sleepy himachali village with mostly monks as inhabitants is extremly exotic. I like exotic. I like enlightening. I like lonesome.. I like flying...
So after the flying I go the deer park institute and examine whats the big shout about the lama who lives there.



4- Aero Model flying @ outskirts of Delhi in winters.
I love planes. Small Planes. I love the dexeterity of assembling together something that can fly. So it'l be quite a adrenaline spurt to go out of the city and dare ones engineering no? Anyone game?( looking for company for this)

5-Ferris wheel @ Kalindi Kunj in Delhi
Asia's largest ferries wheel just in my background@ 250 INR per ride. I am game. Specially because I was never allowed on local ferriwheels because they were too small to accomodate me.
So lets see if going up and down and round and round helps in better circulation of adrenaline.

3 comments:

Chandni said...

There is a giant wheel in Kalindi Kunj? REALLY? Oh my I have to go there. Paragliding in Billing :) I've been to the village for work, wish I'd glided too!

R-A-J said...

And in other news.... :)

Hey Pearl,

Pls promote/vote for my blog at this url:

http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=46697

Cheers!!

:)

Romeo Das said...

Thanks a lot for sharing, enjoyed my stay here :)

Hope you enjoy reading my post too -
To hold you in my arms, to promise you my love!