May 24, 2008

My Scars

These scars of these years that i have lived
blue black and some still GREEN
some day if i show them to you..will you shudder?
will you be able to see what had happened that day i fell?
the day i was struck by lightening?
i carry that pain in my little bag that i take along with me everywhere
these scars have made me what i am today
given me this xray vision
thats how i saw you..the real you behind that powerful cunning shape that you flaunt!
those scars that you hide all and cover and forget and get busy around
look at your scars and look at my scars
the real you and the real me
THESE SCARS THAT MAKE US WHAT WE ARE...
Will you see my scars one day?

3 comments:

Madhuri said...

What if we had the same scars? Would that make us scarysisters :( ?

Pearl said...

we are the scar clan!Infact all women are..i guess we are only braver in trying to come to terms with these scars that we wear...and maybe we will show them to the world not scared...not apologetic about whether they look ugly...What if they are beautiful?

Madhuri said...

Yep! True story! Slowly we are learning to be just women, a gender, a tribe, a people, without a predefined place or purpose in society, without stereotypes to dog at our heels...

Someday we will show our scars with pride!